Held V. State of Montana

 



August 18, 2023

We interrupt this blog to bring you something I am pretty excited about.


This blog has always been about a personal journey into ethical naturism and my personal experiences, but I just wanted to take a moment to celebrate the victory scored by a group of young people in the State of Montana in their fight for the right to a stable climate system.  I don't claim to know all the legal intricacies of this judgement, but from what I understand, it is actually holding the state, and its policies in allowing businesses to pollute the environment accountable for their actions and the impacts on us and our children.


The definition of Ethical Naturism that I have been going by is that of respect for self and respect for the environment.  I don't want to get too preachy, but if I am serious about that as a philosophy that I identify with, then this is meaningful to me and I applaud and celebrate these young people in Montana for being truthful about the state of the environment and what we are doing to it.


This has brought me joy and hope.




Comments

  1. Thanks Valerie. Naturism/nudism is encouraging respect for oneself, respect for others and respect for the environment. I hope this victory will resonate far beyond Montana and that people will understand that preserving the environment is key to the survival of the human kind.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts