Greece!


 

August 23, 2023


Jo and I are in Athens!   Its 104 degrees and tourists are swarming every place we go, but I'm so thrilled to be here.


Let me catch you guys up a bit.  Some time around March, I got a call from Jo and she was all excited to tell me her parents had all these points on a credit card and they decided to book a cruise for Jo and a friend.  "You are going with me Val -  it will be great!"


"I'm not really a cruise person." I replied.


"It's one of those Virgin - all adult cruises - in the Greek Islands!  Super cool."


"Even it if is super cool, I'm tying to limit my carbon footprint"  I told her.  "Greece is a long flight."


Ever since I started the internship in Houston, I was super concerned about my flights to see Tony, and the harm it was doing.  I actually traveled back by bus a few times, and that was a mess.  Tony actually started flying back to visit me instead, convinced I was using my sustainable lifestyle as an excuse to dump him.


Jo was pretty adamant that I be on this trip.  "You're just going to have to find a way to deal with your carbon guilt.  I don't know - go plant some trees or something - but you are coming to Greece with me."


When I told Tony that I was going to go to Greece with Jo after months of refusing to get on a plane to see him, well that didn't go over well.  The long distance relationship, differing values and my decision to go with Jo have ended my relationship with Tony.  I was hell bent on my commitment to naturism not being the end of my first relationship.  I guess I can say it wasn't, it was my commitment to my friendship with Jo.


Now we are in what Jo likes to call the birthplace of nudity - Greece!  Carved in stone, the gods are naked, the heroes are naked, even the villains are naked!  Everyone is naked because its 104 freakin degress here.  We ended the day enjoying drinks on the much hyped Acropolis view terrace of our hotel and retreated to our air-conditioned room to rest up for the next day when we join the Resilient Lady, our Virgin cruise ship.


Comments

  1. Sounds like a wonderful trip! (even though you are not escaping the heat here in Houston) I hope you get to enjoy some nude beaches there in Greece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great vacay, Val! I do hope you and Jo have many opportunities to go barefoot from the neck down. Enjoy! Oh, and keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts