Fuerteventura 9


 November 2, 2021


The wrap up of my Fuerteventura Adventure with Jo, concluding the flashback to spring break of 2018.


On our last night in Fuerteventura, Curtis and Teddy prepared a special dinner for us at the outdoor cooking area and we said our goodbyes.  In the morning, Jo found the card that our Danish cab driver had given us and we called Charles to pick us up and take us back to the airport.  He seemed a bit disappointed when he arrived to find us actually wearing clothes and wheeling luggage to his trunk.


We watched the magical little town of El Cotillo disappear from view thru the back window of the cab and we were soon on board our flight to Madrid.  


On the flight back to New York Jo handed her phone to me and showed me a picture that Teddy had taken at sunset during one of our last nights.  It was taken from the beach looking toward the water and there were a dozen silhouettes standing out against the brilliant sunset.  I knew that moment and I can remember everyone in the picture.  Jo and I were playing in the water naked, and there were three other naked tourists, and the other families playing in the water with us were wearing bathing suites, but you couldn’t tell that from the photo.  In the photo, we were just figures, and there was no telling who was naked and who was wearing a swim suit.  I looked at the picture for more than ten minutes.  It made me wish that life could be an eternal sunset, all of us mixing and mingling in the warm surf, no one discerning between the choice to be clothed and the choice to go naked.


When we landed in New York, Jo and I parted ways to head to our connecting flights.  Jo hugged me and assured me,  “We are doing this again my dear, we are going to make this trip an annual event.”  She was a big toothy grin as she mingled into the crowd of travelers and was gone.


Hopefully Jo and I will stay in touch, and in the near future, I will start another series of posts with one titled Fuerteventura-10.

Comments

  1. Thank you having shared your story with us Valerie. I look forward to reading Fuerteventura 10.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your thoughtful insights into my trip Marc.

      Delete
  2. I also hope you both can have your encore soon, and enjoy it even more than the first time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Oscar. I was very lucky to have such a wonderful experience just before my graduation.

      Delete
    2. I hope other young people can have just such a magical experience.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts