Fuerteventura 7


September 19, 2021


More of my Fuerteventura Adventure with Jo, continuing the flashback to spring break of 2018.


It’s just after sunrise and Jo and I are sitting by the swimming pool at the courtyard of the Hotel Lido, enjoying the quiet of the early morning.  An older woman accompanied by a small boy is walking down the stairs from the upper floor of the hotel to the courtyard level.  Both the older woman and the young boy are naked, and she carries two empty shopping bags under her arm.  


Nudging me, Jo calls my attention to the two.  “Hey Val, I noticed some of the German naturists coming back to the hotel yesterday with groceries, and they weren’t wearing anything.  I think they know where to shop naked here.”


I look at the woman and her grandson coming down the stairs.  “How do you know they aren’t going to go collect sea shells?”


“One way to find out!”  Jo smiles as she pops up out of her lounge, taking her towel with her.  Calling to the woman and boy “Pardon me Ma’am, are you going grocery shopping?”


In a German accent, the woman kindly responds.  “Why yes, and August here is accompanying me.”


“This shop where you are going, you can go… “ Jo searches for the perfect adjective.


“You can shop naked, yes!”  The woman smiles.


Jo and I run upstairs to grab our shopping bags and purse and soon join August and his grandmother, Sylvia on their way to Serena’s grocery.  We were learning that the Germans were seasoned naturists.  If there was a way to do anything naked, they knew about it.




Serena’s grocery was really just an outdoor fresh fish market combined with fruit and vegetable stand under a collection of bright, mis-matched tents.  It did have a number of refrigerators that held dairy and some meats and it also had a large shelf with fresh bread.  


Jo and I had passed by this market a number of times and never even noticed there was a spot for groceries here.  It’s exterior looked just like all the other vendor stalls selling sun glasses, towels and tourist trinkets.  


Because the open market was right next to the beach, many people wandered in off the beach, and most were naked.  When we popped into Serena’s market with Sylvia and August, everyone in the market was completely naked.


“Ok, I just checked a big ol’  box on my list!” Beamed Jo.  “Naked grocery shopping!”


 

Comments

  1. What a wonderful place Fuerteventura is! Your amazing drawings and stories are really illustrating it so well, that I would love to pay a visit to such a paradise in my vacation too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can visit it one day. El Cotillo had the feeling of a quiet little community where going naked was just accepted. Really wonderful.

      Delete
  2. Just another proof that most activities can be done naked, as long as people understand nothing's wrong with plain and simple nudity. Shopping is one of my preferred nude activities, not for the sake of spending money, but for the simplicity it adds to the process. The simplicity aspect is probably why so many people, me included, love to spend time entirely naked. It's just easy and so comfortable. Thank you for sharing another slice of your Canary Island's adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before traveling to Fuerteventura, doing something like shopping naked only seemed possible in France. Are you able to go shopping naked here in the US? How do you do that? You need to tell me where you do your shopping.

      Delete
    2. Not in the US, in Leucate (France) ;-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts