Fuerteventura 6

 

September 4, 2021



More of my Fuerteventura Adventure with Jo, continuing the flashback to spring break of 2018.


To say that Jo’s period started with a heavy flow is an understatement.  Even though she kept running into the ocean to wash off, her bike seat cover soon became a mess.  She ended up wrapping our remaining towel around her waist so that we could bike back to the hotel.  


Naturist women have options on how to deal with their menstrual cycle when it comes.  They can;

A.  Stop being naked and just wear clothes, dealing with their period the way all other women do.

B.  Wear bottoms with a pad, but continue to be topless.

C.  Continue to be naked and use a tampon.


When my period came on the days that I wanted to visit Muir Grove, I would wear a pad and bottoms.  That was the one exception that the club had to the nude only rule was that women who had their periods could wear bottoms.  Women who were more comfortable using pads wore bottoms, but there were plenty of women at the club who would use tampons and just went naked.


I knew Jo wasn’t going to walk around in a sweatshirt and jeans for the rest of the trip just because her period arrived.  When we returned our room she went into the bathroom to clean herself up.  I took out my bag and looked to see how many pads I had packed.  Jo emerged from the bathroom, opened the sliding door and stretched out on the terrace, looking out at the ocean.


“Jo, I’ve got plenty of extra pads if you need some.”  I offered.


“Thanks Val, I’m good.  I have lots of tampons.”  


I put my bag away and stepped out on the terrace asking her, “It doesn’t bother you that people see the little string hanging out?”


“Not at all.  Why do you think people even notice that?”  She laughed.

“Well I guess I’m not doing as much bike riding now.  It’s for the best, I need to find a nice spot on the beach and start catching up on my reading.”


“This is a good thing.”  I agree.  “Our adventures are getting a bit too adventurous.”


“Val,” Jo laughed “you have to admit, today was awesome.”


“Yes, it was fun and awesome, but Jo, I’d don’t want to push it too far and be that stupid naturist that ruins it for everyone else.  Let’s just enjoy our naturist vacation quietly without riding around towns totally naked in taxi cabs.”


“Ok,” Jo conceded, “the cab thing was not planned, that was a bit weird, even for me.”


“Yeah, but Jo, you didn’t even cover up when you went out to that camper to ask for help.  Don’t you think our brand of naturism is getting a bit… exhibitionist?”


“I forgot I was naked.” Jo smiled.  “Isn’t that what we came here to do?  Not be our clothed selves, not be our naked selves, but just be ourselves.  Exhibitionists get naked and act like they are naked to call attention to themselves.  We don’t act like we are naked, we’ve forgotten we are naked, we just are.”


I think back on the day, all the hours and hours I spent exploring, not preoccupied in any way by my nakedness.


“Look,” Jo reminds me. “You told me your desire is to have your true, naked self accepted by this world.  This world ain’t gonna have a chance to accept you if you spend all your time hiding in your club with people you already know accept you.”


We had a light supper and went out for a magical sunset walk along the beach.  Perfect temperature, a gentle warm breeze as the sky turned hues of purple and orange.  We marveled at the scene, our naked bodies were bathed in the beautiful light of the fading day.



Comments

  1. I can't believe what joy your blog is. The writing and artwok is so wnderfull! Your series displays a wisdom and maturity I wish I had at that age. Thank you for sharing of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comment. It’s thoughtful support like this that encourages me to keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This entry was eye opening for me in many ways. I have found very interesting and informative minutiae about nudism here in this your blog that has never ocurred to me in 35 years of being a nudist myself, and that no one, as far as I've read, deals with so candidly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think that what I post is real and un-filtered - so thank you for the acknowledgement that it comes across that way.

      Delete
  4. "We don’t act like we are naked, we’ve forgotten we are naked, we just are." This captures the true essence of naturism/nudism. Very hard, almost impossible, to understand for textiles. This only comes from the experience of nudity. Thank you for sharing your story with us Val. So refreshing... Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are also an inspiration Marc. I appreciate all that you do.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts