The Troupe is Back


 August 25, 2017


I got a text from Hanna that the LARPing troupe was getting back together again to start rehearsals for the big event at UC Davis.  I texted her back - “Y’all realized I’m going to be showing up butt naked again.” - with lots of smiley faces.  I got smiles back from her.


I am glad that I am only working part time at Muir Grove.  If I had gotten a full time job there, I wouldn’t have the flexibility to go out to the preserve and meet up with my LARPing troupe.  When Tuesday rolled around, I got on my bike and biked to the end of my street and crossed over into the preserve.  I pedaled up to the big oak along the fire road, took off my clothes and stashed them at the base of the oak.  Down the trails I went.  Much of the grass was turning a golden hue signaling late summer.


When I arrived near the meadow were we usually rehearse, I pulled my bike off the trail and started walking up the hill to our clearing.  As I approached the group,  saw three boys standing and talking to another girl, and one more girl who was, well, naked!  As I drew closer, I realized the naked girl was Hanna.  She was actually wearing panties, but for our group, that was naked.  When Hanna saw me, she threw her arms out wide welcoming me - “Come here sistah!”  We hugged and I was so glad to be back in the troupe again.


Bart and Casey were seniors last year, so they graduated along with two other members of our troupe from last year.  Josh, Hanna and I were the only returning members of this troupe and we had two new boys who were juniors and Alex also joined our troupe and she was a freshman.  We agreed that costumes were not required till the actual event - it had been Bart who insisted that costumes be worn during rehearsals.  It was also agreed that nudity was absolutely allowed during rehearsals.

Comments

Popular Posts