The first visit to Muir Grove

 


July 29, 2016


On our first visit to Muir Grove, my mom and I drove thru the open gate of the park and found a space in the gravel parking area surrounded by magnolia trees and oaks.  There was a small park office for guests to register.  We walked across the creaking porch and into the little office where we were greeted by a very friendly, topless woman in her 40’s who wore only a silk wrap around her waste.  She asked us if we had ever visited the park before, and wanted to know if we belonged to any naturist associations or nude recreation clubs.  My mom showed her id and filled out some forms for our visit.  We read all the park rules, and after we paid the day visit fee, the woman told us a man named Chuck would give us a tour.  It was mandatory that all visitors to the club take a tour before entering.  The woman pointed out the window -  “Do you see that end of the parking lot?  There is footbridge.  You walk across that bridge and you will enter the park.  Chuck will meet you on the other side to give you the tour.  You both have a lovely day.”


When my mom and I were walking across the parking lot, I asked,  “Do you think I have to wear clothes to be on the tour?  Can I take the tour naked?  I want to just leave all my clothes in the car.”


“I guess that’s fine.”  My mom agreed, “but bring a towel.  Remember that you are not supposed to plant your bottom on anything without a towel under you.”  She popped the trunk open as we walked by our car and I stripped all my clothes off, and threw them in the trunk.  I grabbed a towel from the back seat and we proceeded to the bridge.  


Something magical happened as I walked across that bridge.  I had literally left everything behind, and I was walking into this new world completely naked, I had goose bumps and my skin tingled all over.  Our guide waited on the other side of the bridge, seated in his little golf cart, prepared to whisk us off and show us all around this new world.


Comments

Popular Posts