Mother’s Day


May 12, 2017


This Sunday was Mother’s Day and it was also the season opening day at the Muir Grove Sun Academy.  My mom asked my dad to come to the club with us as her Mother’s Day treat, and he did it!  He was pretty specific;  he would only go for two hours, we could tell NOBODY, and we couldn’t ask him to go again for another year, but he did it, he actually came and participated at the club.


He was pretty relaxed, and I let mom accompany him on the tour while I went to the pool to catch up with friends.  Everywhere he went, my mom’s friends all made him feel as welcome as possible, and treated him like someone really special.  Honestly, he probably would have felt more comfortable without all the attention.  He relaxed on the pool deck, played with us in the pool and went for a walk around the property with us.  It was a perfect spring day and my mom was so pleased he was there.  I was hoping he would loose track of time, but he knew when two hours had passed, and we all put our clothes back on, went to the car and enjoyed the rest of our Sunday at home.


 

Comments

Popular Posts