Mission Accomplished


May 25, 2017


All my artwork has been turned into the printers for the year book and the books were being printed and bound for distribution.  I dropped by the yearbook office to look at the proof book and it was gorgeous!  It exceeded all my expectations.  The cover of the yearbook was the image of the young brave, on a horse, looking to a distant horizon, his mentor standing near by.


The cover image was based on the photo that Jo had taken of me at Carl and Laura’s ranch and the light, shadows and values came out so convincing because I had used the lighting of the reference photo of me perched atop the mare.  I really enjoyed the yearbook project, but I am looking forward to just sketching out at the club and doing portraits of people.


 

Comments

Popular Posts