I’m Killing It!


May 2, 2017


I’ve been working for a good two months now on the illustrations for the yearbook.  My drawings have really improved since I went out to the ranch with Jo and we spent the day with the horses.  When I looked at the illustrations I’ve done, I can feel the sunshine, the coat on the mare, the wind in the trees, because I was there.  Jo also took a bunch of pictures of me posing as the brave, tracking, starting a fire, hunting - and those reference photos were so helpful.


I had an appointment to go in and see the yearbook staff to present the illustrations I’d completed to date.  I had six of the seven divider pages done, and I just had one more divider page the the cover to complete.  The year book team had seen some of my sketches, but this was the first time they would be seeing any of the completed pages. 


I presented the drawings of the young brave tracking, shooting the bow, learning to ride, start fire, skin a deer and hunting, and with each illustration that I unveiled, the year book staff became more elated.  “This is coming out better than we could have imagined Jo, this will be a masterpiece!”  Shouted Evan, the head of the yearbook staff.  Mrs. Porter, the faculty advisor to the yearbook gave me a wink.  “Extraordinary!”


Take that Claire Wendling!  Mrs. Porter thinks I’m pretty damn awesome.


 

Comments

Popular Posts