On the Ranch


April 5, 2017


April started off great for me.  I got my learner’s permit for my driver’s license and Jo got us a Saturday at the ranch in Kenwood where we could take out some horses.  Jo let me drive her car to Kenwood so I could get some driving practice in.


The dirt road that lead to the ranch was just off Sonoma Highway and the sun danced thru the oaks and eucalyptus as we drove toward the gate.  Jo assured me that the ranch was naturist friendly, and not only could we get our horse time in, we could also enjoy some naked time as well.  When we drove in, a friendly woman with a long braid and sun hat  waved to us and pointed to a shady spot under a large redwood where we were to park.


Esther greeted us and told us that they had water bottles and snacks in the saddle bags if we didn’t bring our own.  “Sunblock?”  She asked.  


“Plenty!”  Jo responded, holding up a small tote with a few tubes.


“Now I hear you girls like to ride Godiva style, I certainly enjoy a good ride in the buff!  After you finish putting on your sun block, you can store your clothes in the saddle bags!  Go in that gate and Carl’s got your horses ready for you.”  Jo shot me a big, wide smile.


We went into a small corral where we found Carl brushing down two beautiful mares.  He talked about the horses while we took off our clothes and put them away in the bags.   “This is wonderful Mr. Beals” I exclaimed, and he smiled assuring me, “My girls will really enjoy being taken out, so you are really doing me a favor.”


We walked the horses out of the corral and Carl assured us, “That trail goes all around this property, sixty acres of private ranch, you shouldn’t worry about having to run into anyone.  Just don’t go thru any gates.”


Jo and I climbed up into the saddles and our horses proceeded with a peaceful gate along a trail that they knew well.  The birds were chirping, the sun was warm and life couldn’t be better.


 

Comments

Popular Posts