Claire Wendling


 January 12, 2017


Happy News Year to my fledgling blog.  2016 ended nicely, and for Christmas I received one of the best presents I could hope for, a copy of Claire Wendling’s Les Lumières de l'Amalou.  People ask me where I get inspiration for my art.  There are some street artists who I like and I follow the wok of some LA artists, but the people I am really in awe of are the European graphic novel artists.  The best story telling artists in the world are on the other side of the Atlantic, and the best of these are the French.  The French have perfected the art of graphic story telling, and their work is just gorgeous!  In the US, only kids and geeks read comics, but in France, everyone reads comics, and when you see their comics, you know why.  The quality of story telling and the artistry is just superb.  One of my heroes is the author and artist Claire Wendling.  Her work is so inspiring and I would love to do something as heartbreakingly beautiful as one of her books.  My dream would be to have a album of stories published for the French market.  Till then, I pour over Claire’s work and study every detail and brush stroke. 

Comments

  1. Hey, not sure if you'd be interested, but I am an author and naturist who is always looking for talent to help me create my world. I have two books out, one with naturist heroes and one without. You can see them here: www.nickalimonos.com. Currently, I am working on a novella about the early life of my heroine, Thelana, and I think your style would complement her story beautifully. There are few artists I know who can portray nudity in an innocent and naturalistic way, like you do, so that is a big plus for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nick, I did visit your blog and I did see that you have a fantasy book with two naturist heroes. I think that is superb. I absolutely believe your opinion that there is a great opportunity to help normalize nudity through our media and literature. One of my favorite comics growing up was Fables, and there were two characters who only appeared naked, and that was accepted and not even unusual for all the other characters and I thought that was great.
      I am very flattered that you are inviting me to collaborate on your stories. I still carry a very heavy course load, and have all sorts of side projects, so I need to be very guarded with my time and careful with what I commit to. At most, I could contribute on guest illustration to a project of yours.
      I hope that sounds fine.
      Val

      Delete
    2. Even a single illustration would be much appreciated. I could also pay you. Do you have a commission rate? And, would you prefer to communicate privately? Let me know.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts