It’s Great to be a Part of Something




 October 12, 2016


The day of the LARPing event was more fun than I could have imagined.  First of all, my parents were thrilled that I was going to an event at the UC Davis campus.  They thought it was some sort of biochemistry expo, little did they know me and my friends would be running around in funny costumes, casting spells and collecting magical chalices and amulets.  They are really hoping I will go to Davis for a practical degree like physical therapy instead of going to some expensive private art school, but the place just smells far too much like cow.


Clay and Evan are both old enough to drive so they brought our whole group to the event with their two cars.  It was enjoyable to see the more elaborate costumes and to see how into the role playing people were.  What was really great was to see so many young people my age, all loving something and creating something together.  At the end of the day after I got back from the event, I was thinking about how wonderful it would be to go to a big festival with that many young naturists.  How fun it would be to see hundreds of young people my age as excited about going naked as I am, but the reality is that there aren’t any events like that, and there aren’t hundreds of young naturists to gather.  I’ve come to understand that most people discover naturism in later life, and many are most active in their retirement years.  Most large naturist events are mostly attended by seniors.  


I can just be thankful for my friends at the club who are my age and enjoy the time we have together.

Comments

  1. There is an organization called Florida Young Naturists (FYN), and they host 4+ events annually, usually with 200-400 nudists between 18 & 35. Only downside is that they are all in Florida, so it’s quite a trip for most people. Fantastic events though, they are hosted at naturist resorts throughout the state and are always a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was love to see an event like that with so many young people. That would be so exciting for me. Maybe one day I can make it out to Florida. Thank you for sharing.
    Val

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts