Lazy, hazy days


 August 11, 2016


I went out for a bike ride during the middle of the week, it was a gorgeous summer day.  I was going to the public pool in the afternoon with two of my friends from school, and knowing that I would be spending the afternoon in a soggy bathing suite made me really want my naked time in the morning.  


By 10:30 it was already pretty hot, with only a slight breeze.  I had biked out to one of my favorite meadows deep in the preserve and decided to stretch out for a nap.  It was comfortable in the tall grass and the birds lulled me to sleep.


As I woke, I could hear movement in the grass and was startled that I wasn’t alone in the meadow.  Tilting my head back toward the sound of the movement, I looked thru that grass and saw a beautiful buck and two doe.  They looked right at me and were not startled.  For about five minutes they grazed in the meadow, allowing me to come to almost touching distance.  At that moment, I felt like the first woman, strolling thru God’s garden.  It’s something that I wanted to let everyone know about, but you, my lovely blog audience, will have to do.  It’s our secrete.

Comments

Popular Posts