Discovering my wheels again




 

July 2, 2016


School has let out, summer is here, and my plan of trying to spend this summer naked at the club is a bust.  My mom will still only take me on Sundays, my brother isn’t going to drive me and Josephine leaves in a week for the East coast.  I can’t wait to drive so I can get out to the club by myself.


Until I can drive, I realized that I am fortunate enough to live in a place that would still allow me naked time right near home.  Our house is at the end of a subdivision that backs onto open space preserve.  If I bike to the end of the street, there is a gate that connects to a series of fire trails that go thru the preserve.  There are occasionally people walking or running on the trails, but the preserve is completely deserted most of the time.


The first week of summer, I put water, some lunch, my sketchbook and pencil box, and sunscreen in the basket of my bike and I biked up to the end of the road, thru the gate and onto the preserve.  I biked down the trail for about five minutes, and I didn’t see anyone.  Leaning my bike up against a tree, I pulled off my shoes and socks, shorts, top and put them in the basket of the bicycle.  My heart was pounding.  I was standing there in the preserve, completely naked.  


I got on my bike and started pedaling.  It was comforting that my clothes were in the basket right in front of me.  I figured that I could grab them and quickly put them on if I did run into someone.  I biked for about half an hour and didn’t run into anyone.  There was a grassy knoll that overlooked the valley where our house was and I rested my bike on its side and decided to have some lunch.  I thought about putting my clothes back on, but the day was so nice and the breeze felt so good, I stayed naked.  I did a quick sketch of the valley, packed up by bike and coasted back down the fire trail to the spot where I took my clothes off.  I decided I wanted to bike right up to the gate and put my clothes on there and finished my naked ride practically at the end of my street.


That night when I went to sleep, I savored the sensation of dappled sunlight on my skin, the leaves and the grass rushing by, and the air caressing my body.  I closed my eyes with the warmest feeling as I drift off to sleep.


Comments

Popular Posts