My new friend at Muir Grove



June 7, 2013


Josephine has been coming to Muir Grove with her family for about seven years.  She grew up in a naturist family, so she comes to the club often with her mother, father and brother.  She has an older sister who is really not into the club.  Although her older sister stays at home when the family visits the club, she and her brother still love being at Muir Grove and never miss a chance to come with their parents.


Jo just turned eighteen, and quickly became my best friend at the club.  She is there just about every Sunday that I visit and we’ve spent entire days at the lake, just swimming and talking about stuff. I think it would be so amazing to belong to a naturist family, but for her its not that special, because she’s never known anything different.


She loves looking at my sketchbooks, and is thrilled by the way that I draw her.  Sometimes when she is stretched out and reading a book by the lake, I do drawings of her.  She has great lines and my sketches of her always look striking.


I decided that this summer, after school lets out, I want to come to the club every day.  I know my mom can’t take me because she has to work during the week.  My brother can drive, but I don’t think I could get him to drive out to the club.  I was hoping that Jo’s family could pick me up and bring me, but it turns out that they head to the East coast for the summers.  Not only will I be losing my chance of a lift to the club, but I will be losing my favorite figure model.


They have a property in upper New York State, with a cabin and private lake.  She tells me about how she and her bother spend weeks, totally naked, just relaxing at the lake.  I am so jealous.  I try to imagine how close I would feel to my bother if we just spent days together, naked, just enjoying each other’s company outside, no phones or laptops or apps to distract us.  







Comments

Popular Posts