Wouldn’t it be nice.


May 5, 2016


After going to Muir Grove and getting used to spending the day naked at the club, I began to imagine what it would be like to be naked outside the club.  My mom and I were regulars now on Sundays at the club, but Saturdays were still filled with the usual shopping trips, my bother’s soccer game, getting the cat or the car looked at.  It made the trips more interesting to pretend I was coming along wearing nothing.  


Imagine a Saturday morning when I would get up out of bed and come downstairs naked.  While I was having some fruit and orange juice, my dad would ask if I wanted to come to the nursery with them to get some plants and I would say sure.  I hop into the car completely naked and we drive there.


I imagined what it would be like, strolling thru the nursery wearing nothing, looking at all the beautiful things growing.  I imagined that my parents wouldn’t find it odd, it is a beautiful, warm spring day, perfect for being naked.  I also imagine that no one else in the nursery is bothered by my nudity, because I just chose to wear nothing that day, and that is a fine choice.  It’s like some people chose to put on jeans, some people choose to put on shorts, or a skirt, I just decided I would be more comfortable naked.


Maybe there would be one or two other people at the nursery who also chose to go naked that day, and that was fine, that was their choice.  My parents ask me to find some netting to protect our vegetables from birds, and I find a nice older gentleman who works at the store to help me, and he is also naked.  We go thru the isles together and he helps me find the netting and there is nothing strange or creepy about our exchange.  He chose to be comfortable today in the same way I did.


This is my utopia.  It is a place I imagine where someone who is naked is not seen as mentally ill, or a victim, or trying to cause a scandal.  It’s a place where going naked for the day doesn’t draw attention, or attract unwanted interaction.  In my utopia, people of every age and size can choose to be naked and they will not be judged or made to feel ashamed for not being someone’s idea of perfect.  I can dream can’t I?












 

Comments

  1. Wow. It's like you took the words straight out of my brain (and heart)! BTW, this is my third comment so far, and I see I am the only one. Hope it's not creepy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not creepy at all Nick. Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on my blog.

      Delete
    2. Valerie - I love your stories, your very artful illustrations and your wonderful attitude about how to live life free.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts